The Chickadee is the smallest rotary shear available and is the perfect upgrade to, or replacement for, hand held shears. Powered by Eastman’s Perma-Field motor, the Chickadee has 40% more power than any other hand held knife its size. Its stramlined, lightweight construction helps elimiate operator fatigue.
Other features include:
- 2 ¼” (5.72 cm) round blade for general use or hexagon blade for sheer or difficult to cut cloth.
- Cutting capacity is 25% greater than competitive models.
- Build-in sharpener.
- Ergonomically designed.
- Three different base plates and cutting tips can be selected:
- Stabilizer shoe: the “standard” foot attachment, a utility feature that lends itself well to all cutting and slitting operations.
- Ball Tip: best when slitting tubular knits or other loosely woven materials.
- Baseplate: a small baseplate fitted with needle rollers to create a lightweight, freestanding rotary shear; provides the greatest degree of accuracy from top to bottom ply.
The Long handle model has all the same features, in addition to a long handle and a remote power switch. This is the ideal companion to any spreading machine for cutting out flaws, or when laying up fabrics. This allows the operator to reach across the table with ease, thereby improving cutting quality.